Wednesday, April 9, 2014

The Dictatorship of Urbanization

By this article on Catholic Vote I should be a liberal urban progressive Catholic. I'm still relatively young, only 43, and I have one of those higher paid jobs that allow me to invest in Community Supported Agriculture for my family, enjoy the local farmer's market, and live on the rich western side of the Portland Metro area.

But I grew up rural, and I've never forgotten the values that taught me, even as I struggle to impart those same values to my own son, who can't even bring himself to pet the dogs when we visit the country cousins.

It's hard to teach a fetus is a baby if the child has no direct experience of eggs coming from chickens.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Oustside The Asylum by Ted Seeber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at http://outsidetheaustisticasylum.blogspot.com.