Monday, November 23, 2015

On Bullying | Spiritual Friendship

On Bullying | Spiritual Friendship:



'via Blog this'



Funny, I never thought of this before- but sometimes, the lie of sexual orientation is merely giving in to years of abuse from homophobes or heterophobes.

Since my comment to Spiritual Friendship didn't post- I may have been banned there- here is a synopsis of my thoughts upon reading this topic.

I could have written this post.  But with nearly 20 years advantage in maturity on the author, my story ends very differently.  In 2000, at age 30, I was diagnosed with High Functioning Autism Level 1, formerly known as Asperger's.  Before that, the bullying never made sense to me.  I was interested in dating women, I had no idea why they called me fag and queer.  Why, in the cruel middle school game of Smear the Queer, I was always the queer.

I now know.  Any kid with strange mannerisms, who doesn't quite get social niceties, is queer.

Sexual Orientation is a myth.  It is the myth of the bullies.  Accepting the label is giving in to the bullying.

And that is why I am often seen as opposed to gays, as "living in a different reality"- because I do not accept the myth of sexual orientation.

No comments:

Creative Commons License
Oustside The Asylum by Ted Seeber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at http://outsidetheaustisticasylum.blogspot.com.