Friday, July 29, 2016

A leaked document.

I suppose it had to happen in the internet age:  A rebuttal to Amoris Laetitia has been leaked, a document from academic theologians to Cardinals.  I'm sure such letters have been written before, but I've never heard of one leaked publicly.  I notice none of the complaints are about what Pope Francis actually wrote, but rather, about how what he wrote might be interpreted, and how further instruction is necessary in 19 separate areas where there may be confusion among the faithful.

I think this may be a place where a Jesuit would use the Charitable Interpretation to lie and cover up the problem, where a more useful approach would be a full discussion of the issues raised.


No comments:

Creative Commons License
Oustside The Asylum by Ted Seeber is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 United States License.
Based on a work at http://outsidetheaustisticasylum.blogspot.com.